Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Round of Snow

As a teacher, I enjoy snow days more than when I was in school. I think now, I appreciate the time I get to spend with family much more than I did before. We had another snow event Tuesday which prompted two more days off of school. Thus the topic of this blog...

Tuesday's snow started roughly at 5:00 a.m. at moderate rates. The roads became messy very quickly (I was on my way to school at 5:30, and the highway was covered). Some moderate pockets of snow occurred through the day, but light snow dominated the scene all day. The snow finally tapered off by 6:00 p.m.


At this station

New Snow: 1.1"

SWE: 0.11"

Total Snow: 1.1"


The NWS in St. Louis produced a graphic of the snow totals as you see below.


(Image Courtesy: NOAA)

1 comment:

Ami Jo said...

Nice new blog!!! I love reading your stuff. Hope you are having a great week. Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!!!!!!!